Hypertext narrative
Doctor or Drug Dealer
Word count: 1136
Choice count: 33
Section count: 20
Image count: 20
Error count: 0
Field Related Analysis
Education : 86 matches
(ability, academic, cegep, choice, classes, college, colleges, courses, diagnostic, failed, first, goal, goals, grades, high school, knowledge, learned, learning, level, management, motivation, options, performance, school, skipping classes, training)Paramedics : 34 matches
(anatomy, clinical, doctor, drug, health, healthcare, injury, level, medical, medicine, patients, pressure, qualifications, medical training, treatment, vital signs)Nursing : 29 matches
(anatomy, b.d., biology, burn, chemistry, clinical, division, doctor, drug, environment, fear, health, injury)Target Structure: (25 matches)
cursory (2 matches)
dead-end job (1 match)
dreading (2 matches)
fulfillment (2 matches)
in-depth (1 match)
lack of (1 match)
maddening (2 matches)
overtime (1 match)
premium wage (1 match)
pulled off (1 match)
put aside (2 matches)
straight a's (1 match)
thoroughly (1 match)
though (2 matches)
thoughtful (1 match)
time management (2 matches)
wage (1 match)
worthwhile (3 matches)
corruption (3 matches)
ingrained (1 match)
bribes (1 match)
bribing (1 match)
theft (1 match)
thefts (1 match)
threats (3 matches)
Doctor or Drug Dealer
Choose my college.
It was the end of high school, and I had been doing well at school, especially in biology and chemistry, so I applied to Health and Life Sciences program in two different colleges. A few weeks later, I received two acceptance letters. I got accepted in Ahuntsic CEGEP in Montreal, where I could stay close to home but not play basketball. The other was Thetford CEGEP, where I could study science and also play on the Division 2 basketball team. This was the biggest decision of my life. I really wanted to work in healthcare, and become a doctor, but basketball was also part of who I was. Now, I had to choose.
Choice 1 : Stay in Montreal.
Choice 2 : Move to Thetford.

Stay in Montreal.
I chose Ahuntsic. At first, everything felt easy. I was still getting straight A’s, and I liked staying close to my family, but slowly my environment became maddening. There was a lack of structure, and I started hanging out with the wrong people.Everything was accessible: parties, distractions, and bad influences. I began skipping classes and losing focus. I felt alienated and started doing cursory work instead of studying thoroughly. I began dreading school.
Choice 1 : Refocus in Montreal.
Choice 2 : Follow Bad Influences.
Move to Thetford.
I moved to Thetford. Everything was different : new city, new people, new routine. I had to become disciplined. I improved my time management and kept doing well at school despite the pressure. I also gained experience through labs, where I learned basic science knowledge. Basketball became serious. Training every day with the D2 team pushed me to my limits.
Choice 1 : Commit to Medicine.
Choice 2 : Chase Basketball Dream.
Refocus in Montreal.
I was losing control and realized I was wasting my potential. I became more thoughtful and decided to change my study habits, so I could be focused on my future.
Choice 1 : Succeed in Medicine.
Choice 2 : Fall back Again.
Follow Bad Influences.
I ignored everything and followed the wrong people. Soon, I became exposed to serious problems : corruption, theft, and illegal deals. Some people were involved in bribing others to avoid consequences. At first, it didn’t feel real. Then, it became dangerous.
Choice 1 : Enter Illegal Business.
Choice 2 : Escape From the Situation.
Commit to Medicine.
I decided to commit fully to my studies in Health and Life Sciences. At Thetford CEGEP, I focused on human anatomy, physiology, and biology. The program was intense, and the long hours were exhausting, but it felt worthwhile. My learning became in-depth, and even though it was sometimes maddening, I stayed disciplined because I knew this was my path.
Choice 1 : Pursue Medical training.
Choice 2 : Burn Out.
Chase Basketball Dream.
I gave everything to basketball. At first, I thought I was pulling it off, but the pressure of doing efforts on both school and basketball increased.
Choice 1 : Sacrifice School.
Choice 2 : Balance both Worlds.
Pursue Medical training.
I applied in medical school and got accepted. I began on-the-job training. I learned to measure vital signs, interpret diagnostic tests, and create treatment plans. I quickly realized that becoming a doctor was a lot of pressure.
Choice 1 : Become a Doctor.
Choice 2 : Burn Out.
Fall back Again.
I failed to stay consistent and lost motivation. I felt powerless.
Choice 1 : Start Again
Enter Illegal Business.
I chose fast money. I became part of a system where corruption was ingrained. People used bribes, committed thefts, and treated everything like business. At first, I thought I had gained an advantage, but it came with serious threats.
Choice 1 : Become a Drug Dealer.
Choice 2 : Get Caught.
Become a Drug Dealer.
The money came fast, and I thought I had pulled it off, but the environment became dangerous. There were constant threats, stress, and fear.
Choice 1 : Get Caught.
Choice 2 : Escape From the Situation.
Get Caught.
Everything ended suddenly. The police stopped me during a deal. What I thought I had pulled off was over. The environment I was in was full of corruption, and now I was facing the consequences.
Choice 1 : Start Again.
Escape From the Situation.
I decided to leave before things got worse. It wasn’t easy. There were threats, and I had to distance myself from the friends that I had made, but I knew I wanted something better. I started thinking again about school and a career with real fulfillment.
Choice 1 : Refocus in Montreal.
Burn Out.
While still in Thetford CEGEP, the pressure became too much. Between exams, assignments, and constant studying, I started losing motivation. Even though I had been doing well, I began dreading school. I felt exhausted.
Choice 1 : Start Again.
Sacrifice School.
I decided to focus only on basketball and put aside my academic responsibilities. At first, it felt like I was pulling it off. My performance improved, and coaches started noticing me more. I spent hours training, pushing my limits every day. However, my grades bean to drop quickly. I stopped studying seriously and only did cursory work. I knew that if basketball didn’t work out, I could end up in a dead-end job with no real fulfillment.
Choice 1 : Go professional.
Choice 2 : Lose Everything.
Balance both Worlds.
I improved my time management and became more disciplined. I had to put aside distractions and stay focused on both school and basketball. It wasn’t easy, but I slowly started pulling it off. I felt a sense of accomplishment and confidence in my ability to handle both responsibilities.
Choice 1 : Become a Doctor.
Choice 2 : Follow Sports Career.
Go professional.
I committed fully to basketball and reached a competitive level. I signed a contract and started earning a premium wage. It felt like success, and all my effort seemed worthwhile. However, performance mattered every day, and one injury or mistake could change everything.
Choice 1 : Start Again.
Lose Everything.
I failed my courses and lost my academic path. Without qualifications, my options became limited. I felt alienated and disconnected from my original goals. I realized too late that ignoring school had serious consequences.
Choice 1 : Start Again.
Become a Doctor.
After years of hard work, exams, clinical training, and overtime, I finally achieved my goal. I completed my on-the-job training and became a doctor. I worked with healthcare teams, treated patients, and helped improve people’s lives. All the stress and sacrifices felt worthwhile.
Choice 1 : Start Again

Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire